Although being in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic has brought many of us uncertainty, what we know for sure is that hope is still alive and well within the communities of Southeast Michigan. Individuals, businesses, and organizations alike are working together to provide people with the resources they need during a difficult period in time. We are actively searching for these resources and will be compiling a list of them below as we find them. Please follow the links provided to find more detailed information on these programs.
If you know of any resources that should be added to this list leave a comment or email them to email@example.com. Thank you!
Last Update: April 2, 2020 11:30am
Breakfast & lunch programs for all children 18 years and younger:
- Berkley Schools: https://www.berkleyschools.org/about/covid-
- Farmington Schools: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YY8Til4G9Tog6AvDN7gG3ScFZ8_2vKr5UNYUVCPVH10/edit
- Ferndale Schools: https://www.ferndaleschools.org/district/food-services/
- Hazel Park: https://www.facebook.com/HazelParkSchools/photos/a.1874597226143923/2599459636991008/?type=3&theater
- Huron Valley Schools: http://www.hvs.org/Core/News/Article/32280/
- Lamphere Schools: https://www.facebook.com/thelamphereschools/photos/a.486688158094417/2962315553864986/?type=3&theater
- Oak Park Schools: https://www.facebook.com/OakParkSchools/photos/rpp.1437952806472776/2542903742644338/?type=3&theater
- Royal Oak Schools: https://www.royaloakschools.org/Core/News/Article/14026
- Troy School District: https://www.facebook.com/TroySchoolDistrict/photos/a.10150143057050127/10158167427060127/?type=3&theater
Breakfast & lunch programs for children 18 years and younger or adults with disabilities who are under 26 years old:
- Bloomfield Hills Schools: https://www.bloomfield.org/about-us/safety-security/coronavirus-information
- Clawson Public Schools: https://www.clawsonschools.org/downloads/_news_/clawson_schools_free_breakfast_-_lunch_program_flyer.pdf
- Southfield Schools: https://www.southfieldk12.org/downloads/transportation/attachment_a_meals_on_wheels_drop_off_times.pdf
Breakfast & lunch programs for students of the district:
- Detroit Public Schools: https://www.detroitk12.org/covid19#Grab-n-Go%20Breakfast%20&%20Lunch
- Pontiac School District (Paused for spring break week of 3/30): http://www.pontiacschools.org
- Walled Lake Schools: https://wlcsd.org/downloads/district_news/food_distribution_flyer.jpg
- West Bloomfield: https://www.wbsd.org/
Other Food Resources:
- Cares of Farmington Hills (Drive-up food pantry): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YY8Til4G9Tog6AvDN7gG3ScFZ8_2vKr5UNYUVCPVH10/edit
- Food for Seniors, Detroit: https://www.focushope.edu/food-for-seniors/
- Pontiac Community Foundation (Large variety of food resources): https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5ba1cbfcf93fd4d12fc9d955/t/5e6d47bf6f379e18588ed5c1/1584220095503/PONTIAC+COVID.pdf
- Gleaners Food Bank: https://www.gcfb.org/community-distribution-sites/
Resources for Non-Food Goods:
- Farmington Schools Giving Boxes (toiletries, hygiene items, etc): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YY8Til4G9Tog6AvDN7gG3ScFZ8_2vKr5UNYUVCPVH10/edit
- Detroit Water Restart – Restart running water at your home if it has been shut off due to non-payment.
- Call (313) 386 – 9727 to inquire.
- The $25 restart fee will be waived & you won’t have to pay back payments until the pandemic is over. You only need to pay for the current months.
- Free Detroit Department of Transportation services (fees are waived) – Effective as of March 18, 2020
- Oakland County Help Hotline: (248) 858-1000
- Call for help with non-health related needs such as food or housing assistance.
- Hours: Everyday, 8am-8pm
- United Way Hotline: 2-1-1
- Call if you need help accessing essential resources during this time of crisis.
- Hours: 24/7
- COVID313: https://covid313.org/
- Online guide for Detroit families in response to COVID-19.
- Beaumont COVID-19 Health Hotline: (248) 551-7000
- Call if you are experiencing symptoms before seeking in-person help.
- Hours: M – F 7am-7pm, Sat/Sun 10am-6pm
- DMC Afterhours Hotline: 1 (888) DMC-3370
- Call with any questions you have about the virus.
- Hours: Everyday, 5pm-8am
- Wayne County Information Hotline: (734) 287-7870
- Call for information about COVID-19
- Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
- Mental Health tips during the COVID-19 Outbreak by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: https://afsp.org/taking-care-of-your-mental-health-in-the-face-of-uncertainty/